This Chicken Dish has proven to be one of the most popular dishes in the WIU program. It's quick easy and the whole family will love it. For small children substitute half the amount of sweet chilli sauce with tomato sauce
1/4 cup Sweet chilli sauce
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Crunchy peanut butter
4 Free range chicken thighs - skin & excess fat removed and cut in half
1 tbsp Fresh coriander
1 cup Brown Rice
400g Tin light coconut milk
3/4 cup Water
100g thinly sliced mushrooms
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Combine chilli & soy sauce with peanut butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until blended.
3. Mix chicken & Sauce and marinate for as long as possible. The longer the better. If time permits overnight, otherwise 30 minutes will do.
4. Place on oil sprayed oven tray & bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is brown, sticky and cooked.
5. Rinse rice well and place in a saucepan with coconut milk, water & salt and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated and holes appear in the surface of the rice.
8. Turn off and remove from heat.
9. Add spinach, stil and cover with a lid and stand for 10 minutes. Rice should have a crunchy texture, not mushy.